PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana is a training program regulated by the Government of India to develop industry-related skills for India’s youth. This scheme has trained nearly 10 million individuals from 2016 to date. The Government of India bears the training cost and therefore, any enrolled candidate does not need to pay anything to avail the training.
Functions of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
The tasks of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana scheme have 3 components and these are –
- Short term training
Based on this module, industry-related skill training is offered to school or college dropouts and unemployed youths.
- Recognition of past learning
Under this module, Kaushal Vikas Mission certification and assessment is provided to the candidates with previous learning experience and skills.
- Special projects
With the help of this module, the training program can create a platform for specialized job roles in corporate and government industrial bodies.
Benefits of PMKVY schemes
Advantages of PMKVY courses include –
- It offers cost-free training of industry-related skills.
- To offer placement and financial support to trained applicants.
- This scheme also provides a Skill India card and valid certification to apply for industrial jobs.
PMKVY eligibility criteria
Eligibility criteria for PMKVY courses include the following rules –
- The applicant should be a citizen of India with proper identity proof like Aadhaar card or voter’s ID card.
- The applicant should be an unemployed candidate or a school/college dropout.
After acquiring the required training from PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana, one can build his/her entrepreneurship project. To start such a project, it requires commercial support. For this, it is advisable to avail a loan against property to meet the entrepreneurship project.