The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) launched the Kaushal Vikas Yojana by Pradhan Mantri in 2015. It is a pilot programme set up by the government of India with an objective to train candidates, who are unemployed or do not have proper educational conditioning.
5 Things To Know About This Mission Are:
- The PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana has been initiated with an aim to engage the youth of the country in skill training to enhance their productivity and understanding about the industry.
- It provides short term training sessions for the candidates as per the National Skills Qualification Framework to align their intellect into skills that are relevant to the industry.
- The PM Kaushal Vikas Mission has witnessed significant success rate in the year 2018. More than 3 Lakh candidates have been successfully placed, that suggests 55% placement rate approximately.
- Candidates, who possess prior knowledge about the skills that are beneficial for the needs of the country, are awarded with a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- The training partners conduct Kaushal and Rozgar Mela at every six months to ensure placement benefit to the deserving candidates.
A candidate can enrol for PMKVY courses right after 12th boards or after completing college degrees.
Must Read: How does Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana work?
They can utilise these skills to apply for various jobs or even establish their own business. To do the latter, individuals can avail monetary assistance like a loan against property with competitive rate of interest.