Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana or PMKVY was launched in 2015 by the Government of India as an initiative to minimize the increasing unemployment among the youth.
The prime objective of initiating this scheme was to impart the required knowledge and skills to the unemployed youth through PMKVY. The duration for these courses may vary based on the specialisation or structure chosen by the candidate.
Who is eligible for PMKVY?
Individuals who wish to join Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana should be:
- Between 18 and 30 years old.
- Unemployed or a school dropout.
- Possess valid identity proof.
It is essential to meet the criteria as mentioned above to be able to avail the benefits under this employment scheme.
What are the benefits of PMKVY?
On enrolling for the courses under PMKVY, one is likely to receive:
- Free education and industry-specific training to prepare a candidate for employment.
- Placement assistance to the qualified candidates.
- Certification to individuals who have prior knowledge or skills to make a better skill India.
- Training to individuals who left previous training midway to bridge the gap between studying and skill sets.
- Financial assistance to pursue professional courses.
Individuals undergoing training can establish their firm and create employment. They can avail a loan against property to avail the necessary capital.