Working capital is the fund that an organization utilizes to pay for its everyday operations. It is an essential part of all business organization regardless of its size. So, organizations need to have an idea regarding what is working capital.
For instance, an enterprise requires working capital for payment of rent, clear utility bills, purchase inventory, etc. Thus, businesses with inadequate working capital should consider opting for a working capital loan.
Besides knowing what is working capital, one should also know the reasons why working capital loan can be advantageous for a business –
- To boost cash flow within business – Small and micro enterprises can opt for a working capital loan to boost cash flow during slow seasons, or if clients make late payments. A business loan boosting working capital can provide the necessary capital to pay overhead expenses.
- To meet client requirements on a timely basis – Individuals can avail a working capital loan to purchase inventory and raw materials, which will enable them to boost production and meet client requirements on time. This in turn will enable the business to grow.
Prospective applicants can apply online for a working capital loan. However, they need to meet the following criteria –
- Applicants must be within the age of 25 to 55 years
- They must own a business operating for three years or more
- Businesses should have a favourable credit profile and CIBIL score of 750 and above
Before applying however, individuals need to know working capital calculation which is the difference between current assets and current liabilities. Applicants should also make sure to submit the correct documents while applying for a working capital loan. They can refer to their lender’s website for more details.