Skill India Mission is a flagship programme of the Government of India which was launched on 15th July 2015. This mission regulated by the National Skill Development Corporation aims to provide formal skill-building opportunities to young individuals which will enable them to secure employment easily.
Some of the objectives of Skill India Mission are as follows –
- It aims to create opportunities for skill development by providing employment opportunities as well as scope for career progression.
- This mission also aims to build capacity for skill development in unorganised sectors.
- The Skill India Mission also wants to create a network of quality instructors and trainers by establishing top-notch teacher training institutions throughout the country.
- It provides overseas employment opportunities to deserving candidates through specific programmes.
- Helps maximise the utilisation of existing public infrastructure and facilities to improve skill training and capacity building efforts.
Registration process –
Aspiring candidates who want to learn new skills under this mission should follow the steps below to complete skill India registration –
- Visit the official online web portal and select from a training provider or ‘I want to skill myself’.
- You will be taken to a new page where you will need to provide details like name, email address, contact number, date of birth, education level, etc. to generate login credentials.
- Log in to access the registration form and fill in with required information.
- Upload the necessary documents and click on acceptance of declaration to complete the registration procedure.
Few of the most popular programmes that individuals can enrol in under Skill India training Mission are – National skill development Mission, Indian skill development service, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, skill loan schemes, etc.
Apart from these schemes, one can also consider opting for secured financing options like loan against property to obtain substantial funding which he/she can use towards developing new skills that can boost their chances of employment substantially.
For more information you can visit Bajaj Finserv Customer Care