While we all are busy finding out the valuations and new investable stocks to follow, here are some interesting facts about the Indian Stock Market:
1. The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) is one of the world’s top exchanges in terms of listed members with more than 5,000 companies on the list! BSE Sensex has some of the most actively traded stocks.
2. MRF is the costliest share in the Indian share market! MRF has never split its stock. At present, its cost is around Rs. 64,000. (July 2020)
3. Monsoon is one of the factors that affect the stock markets in India. Some of the important factors are the performance of corporate houses, global funding into equity, etc. With the monsoon decline and increase, the agricultural output and resulting inflationary pressures affect the food and supply chain.
4. Indian stock markets have been one of the top 10 stock markets globally by market capitalization. India’s market capitalization is approx $2.13 trillion. (as of Nov, 2019)
5. BSE is the first stock exchange in Asia established in the year 1875.
6. There are a total of 9 stock exchanges active in India presently.
7. Sensex is the oldest stock index in India that provides data on BSE.
You need a Demat and trading account to invest your money in the stock market. Demat Account has made it easier than ever before to hold shares. You need to open Demat account with a brokerage firm to start trading as mandated by SEBI. Nowadays brokers are offering to open free Demat and trading accounts that facilitate an easy online integrated platform for stock trading in India.