If you’re interested in investing in the share market, you need a Demat and trading account. Both Demat and Trading accounts are crucial to trade in stocks because one holds various securities, and another facilitates trading.
Instructions to Open Free Demat And Trading Account
- Select the broker with whom you want to open a Demat Account. Some brokers offer free demat and trading account opening service. Since you are going to invest your hard earned money, go with a stockbroker which is a credible and trustworthy brand.
- Submit an online form along with the required documents. Following are the documents needed to submit along with the form:
1. Identity Proof – (Any one: PAN Card, Voter ID, Passport, Driving License)
2. Address Proof – (Any one: Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving Licence, Latest 3 Month Bank statement, tility bills not more than 3 month old)
3. PAN Card of the Account Holder – PAN card is mandatory to open account. Make sure your photo and other details are clearly visible on the PAN card.
4. Passport Size Photo
5. Signature on white paper – This is needed while applying online. A soft copy has to be uploaded. Ensure the signature matches that on your Pan Card.
- A copy of the agreement with the terms, the charges applicable, rules, and regulations will be generated for you. Please read it carefully.
- The in-person verification process would be carried out after submitting the online Demat account form. A staff member of the brokerage firm will call you to verify the details provided in the account opening form. Some brokers have made this process simpler by allowing you to do an e-verification by recording a short video of yourself and upload it. This is to ensure that it is ‘you’ and not anyone else submitting the application in your name.
- Once the verification is processed, you will be provided with your 16-digit Demat account number, and you can log in to your Demat Account.