Ayushman Bharat Scheme was launched on September 23, 2018, and is considered as the world’s largest government-funded healthcare scheme. This scheme was renamed as Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana. It provides health coverage to the weaker section of the society and to the deprived rural families. Considering the Ayushman Bharat Scheme benefits, it covers over 10 crore families and provides a health insurance cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year.
Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Scheme:
- When considering the Ayushman Bharat scheme, it provides health insurance to over 50 crore citizens of India.
- Individuals who are eligible for the scheme gets an automatic coverage of Rs. 5 lakh for the entire family that can be used for the secondary and tertiary medical care facilities.
- In case the patient is hospitalised, the family of the patient do not have to pay anything as per the scheme and get the treatment for free. Government hospitals and sleeted private hospitals provide free treatment. In other private hospitals, government pay the medical bills.
- Under this scheme, 1,354 medical and surgical packages care categorised under 25 specialities like neurosurgery, cardiology, oncology or chemotherapy for various cancer along with burns with other specialities.
- Ayushman Bharat scheme do not have any waiting for pre-existing diseases. All the diseases are covered from the first day of issuance of the policy under the PMJAY scheme. In addition, the scheme also covers pre and post hospitalisation expenses.
Thus, know all about the eligibility criteria for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana and check the list as the government has already prepared the list of eligible families.
Additional read: Everything You Must Know Before Applying For Ayushman Bharat Yojana