A few years back in 2014, the EPFO integrated UAN with EPF accounts to ensure convenience for account holders. Just to give you a gist, UAN number – it is a 12-digit unique number assigned to every holder of an Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) account. You may have multiple EPF accounts but your UAN no will remain same no matter who you work for and how many EPF accounts you change.
Now, let’s take a look at how a person holding an EPF account can get access to his/ her UAN online.
How to Get your UAN Online?
You have to visit the official Unified Portal webpage of the EPF contribution to know what is UAN number. Once you’re on the website, follow the steps mentioned below to after visiting the website:
- Click the “UAN Member e-Sewa” on the right.
- Click the “Know Your UAN Status” link under the “Important Links” section on the bottom right on the new page.
- Enter your Member ID, Aadhaar, or PAN. (You may need an Aadhaar-linked mobile number).
- Enter your name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Click on “Get Authorisation Pin”.
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- Click “Validate OTP and Get UAN”.
- Your UAN number will be sent to your mobile no.
Alternatively, you can also generate your UAN offline. Here’s how to Get your UAN Offline?
You can also receive your UAN through your employer upon request. Many a time, employers also provide the UAN on the salary slip.
How to Activate UAN Offline?
If you want to know how to activate UAN number offline, you need to send following SMS to 7738299899: EPFOHO ACT, “your 12-digit UAN”, “your 22-digit EPFO member ID”
Additional read: Here’s How you can Get your UAN Number Online on your Own